Text by Metal On Metal:
IGNITOR, the titans of Texas true metal, return with their scorchingly wicked new slasherpiece "The Golden Age of Black Magick", their seventh studio album. They offer eight newly forged ruthless metal anthems that harken back to the glory days of unrelenting fist-pumping, head-banging, screaming heavy metal electricity, so thick you'll have to cut it with a chainsaw. Strong song structures with dynamic tempo shifts, catchy, rampaging riffs and melodies that will stay in your head for days on end. It's not your typical US power. You can hear nods to NWOBHM and the British tradition in double guitar leads, but the band has a dark edge and sometimes also ventures into epic metal territory. Jason McMaster's distinct vocals with high-pitched timbre are aggressive and unpolished, just like the music. This high-energy, intensely passionate and authentic slab of metal is not to be missed by the fans of ATTACKER, DIO, RIOT, SKULLVIEW, ASKA, CAGE, RAINBOW, IRON MAIDEN, PHANTOM-X, JAG PANZER, SAXON and JUDAS PRIEST!
- Seventh album of the veterans of the Texas heavy metal scene, featuring Jason McMaster (ex-Watchtower, Dangerous Toys) and Stuart "Batlord" Laurence (Agony Column).
- A part-filmed and part-animated video clip has been created for the album title track.
- The band was very active on the live front before the pandemic.
- Cover art painted by Jowita Kaminska (Exodus, Attacker, Witchburner, Midnight Priest, Manilla Road, Forsaken, Deceased, Meliah Rage, Arkham Witch, Metal Law).
- For fans of: Attacker, DIO, Riot, Skullview, Aska, Cage, Rainbow, Iron Maiden, Phantom-X, Jag Panzer, Saxon, Judas Priest.
1. Secrets Of The Ram
2. Countess Apollyon
3. The Golden Age Of Black Magick
4. Hell Shall Be Your Home
5. Tonight We Ride
6. Steel Flesh Bone
7. Execution Without Trial
8. Stoned At The Acropolis
|Packaging Type||Jewel Case|
|Number of Discs||1|